These are some old documents in PDF format that I have found when looking stuff up for my Toronto Old News blog.
- American Shoemaking, 1915: A collection of editions of American Shoemaking magazine from the spring of 1915. Wonderful because it is so specific to shoemaking. (You will need to scroll down a few pages before you reach the content.)
- The instruction manual for the Branston Violet Ray High Frequency Generator and Ozone and Sinusoidal Controller (fifth edition, 1920). Possibly not for the squeamish.
- Detective magazine, Valentine's Day 1935: This is in French. My French isn't good enough to read more than bits of this, but I suspect that it isn't high-class literature.
- New York Clipper, May 30, 1917: The New York Clipper was a weekly entertainment magazine that was published from 1853 to 1924, when it became part of Variety. This issue is a fascinating look at the world of old-time vaudeville.
- Persons Sentenced To Death In Canada, 1867-1976: Lists those charged, along with a brief summary of their crimes, whether there was a recommendation for mercy, and whether execution was carried out.
Return to home page